Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ashley's Journaling/ favorites from Uffizzi


The post I decided to choose is actually quite a few in my joural. Artemisia Bentileschi, Giuditta is one of my most favorites! Just the facial expressions alone get me to stand there and stare and wonder. Then adding in the blood on top of that, Evil! As if this woman literally had to do this and capture the moment in her head and document where the blood splattered. Just brillant or you could even say very creapy to remember each and every detail. Also, I really enjoy looking at Triano Vecellio's Venus of Urbino. It is another one of those paintings you have to wonder about. Is this really about a seductive bride or just some random hooker? I also notice I really seem to spot out Simone Martini. I dont know if its the gestures of the people or the fluidness of his peices but I also choose his Annuciation to share with you. Gorgeous detailing in the Gold framing. The expression on Mary's face is unhappy, when you would expect her to be happy like in many other versions of this story. I LOVE the Uffizzi. The more I go back the more I take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment