Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Last Stop In Venicia






These are a few images from multiple angles of the Santiago Calatrava bridge in Venice. It is easily the bridge that stands out the most and just as easily recognizable as a Calatrava piece. From the simplicity(or lack) in color, to the curvature and structural elements I certainly felt a little piece of home in how similar its craft is to the Milwaukee Art Museum. It is also an amazing thing to think about this man's achievements, I mean how many contemporary architects can you name that have been chosen to design a bridge crossing the Grand Canal in Venice? Then to think that I pass one of his most spectacular works every morning on my ride to school makes me appreciate home in a new way.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the bad formatting of everything but I couldn't change it after already uploading the photos.

    ReplyDelete