Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Uffizi


Today experiencing the Uffizi was much more smooth of a process than the first time. I was able to navigate myself through it much easier and hit the things I was really looking to spend time at. Unfortunately the setting itself is definately not my preference for drawing at all, the crowds and groups of people streaming through make it quite difficult to get any sort of actual sketch from the works, however i did find a little nook where i was able to get a few decent minutes in with Leonardo's Annunciation. Not to sound like a snob, but I was fairly unimpressed by the Caravaggeschi Exibit at the Uffizi, though that certainly has much to do with the fact that nothing will compare to the complete exibit I was lucky enough to stumble upon in Rome. Though this is true, I was pretty impressed by a couple of the artists in the exibit at the Pitti, including Bartolomeo Manfredi and Jusefe De Ribera.

No comments:

Post a Comment