Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Uffizi


On the first visit to the Uffizi two paintings really grabbed my attention. The first painting was "Spring" by Botticelli. His use of color is really unlike any of the other painters of his time, which I feel is why I was attracted to this particular one. The tones contradict each other by being rich, dull, and soft all at the same time, yet they work to pull the piece together.

Leonardo's "Adoration of Magi" stunned me the first time I saw it, and it still had the same affect on me seeing it a second time. I believe I spent the majority of my time looking at this painting. Even though it is unfinished it is still an incredible work to study. As great as it is now it makes you wonder what it would have looked like if it had been finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment