Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Uffizi

On the first trip to the Uffizi, my favorites were the Botticelli room and "Adoration of Magi" by Leonardo.
Today was my second time visiting, and those two are still, my favorite, but I have now had the chance to look closer at them.
Upon first viewing the Botticelli works I pretty much only looked at "The Birth of Venus" and "Spring," but today I took my time in the room, looking at each piece carefully. I began to notice fine details that any photograph of the works would fail to show. In his showing of the Annunciation, part of the Angel's robes consist of a delicate transparent material. The detail within this section kept my attention for quite a while, and is truly beautiful.
Leonardo's unfinished piece caught my attention the first time and I spent quite a bit of time there, noticing quite a bit, but not taking everything in. This time, I tried to look at the entire piece slowly, sketching parts that caught my eye. I plan to go back just to view Leonardo and Botticelli's pieces more closely and in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment